In about 48 hours (a little less), I will be on my way to 13.1.
I’m terrified. Like…poop-my-pants scared.
I’m not ready for this. My longest run has been 7 miles. I have to run almost double that, and with not a lot of training over the past two months due to being sick.
I watched the virtual marathon video I posted last night a couple times, and at first, I was like, “Oh. I like the places we are running, it’ll be fun to see most of Pittsburgh, it’ll keep it interesting, etc.” Then the mile-markers on the side of the video seemed like they were getting farther apart, or like they were never going to show up…and it got me. I have to run 13 MILES. 13. Not just 3 or 4, not a 10k. 13 miles. 131 tenths of a mile (sometimes I track my miles in tenths just to keep my mind counting and make it seem like I’m going farther? It’s weird).
Amy has been good at keeping my thoughts positive. She reminded me yesterday that we just have to keep our pace at a 16 minute mile to make the 3.5 hour time limit. That’s totally doable. Even if I were just to walk the entire thing, I would finish. (Then we discussed doing the half again next year, and aiming for the full marathon in 2014. Even more scary!)
I have to stay positive. I have to tell myself that I can do it. Because I CAN. I don’t care if I’m the last person to cross the finish line (I mean, I might KINDA care, but you guys get my drift). But if I get nervous even the tiniest bit, it starts to snowball, and then I’m a mess of emotions with a stomachache. I just need to stay in the right mindset, and tell myself that I have the ability to keep going, and just…go.
So, on Sunday, I hope some of you are up early. I will be blogging as I go, and will
probably need motivation.
- butshewasonherway said: You can absolutely do this!!! I will try to be up and cheering you on Sunday morning! :) You’re right, just keep your mind in the right place…easier said than done sometimes lol but you’re going to do awesome! :)
- ladybailey said: You’ll do great!! And there’s always more races in the future.
- im-your-huckleberry said: You absolutely can do it!
- jaymegetsfit likes this
- thehealthytexan likes this
- courageofalion likes this
- amandagetsfit posted this